Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, June 25, 2010

26 weeks and furniture arriving

In honor of the world cup here I am 26 weeks and 4 days pregnant in my soccer shorts and tank...mostly because it is to hot in my house to wear anything else. That won't be a problem for long though!
We had an appointment on Monday and I have gained yet another 6 pounds. I officially weight more than I ever have in my life and the doctor is very pleased with my weight gain so we are doing well. Aubrie's heartbeat was strong and everything else was good too. We have finally made it to the point were we start to go more often. My next appointment is in 3 weeks and at that point they will give me the glucose test (I haven't heard very good things about the drink.) Hopefully I pass it with flying colors so I don't have to do it again.

We have finally started to receive all of our big purchases. Our furniture came in this week and we are going to pick it up on Sunday. I am very excited to finally have it. It makes it all that much more real. Also just in time for the new house so that movers have to get the massive dresser upstairs and not us!

Our stroller also came in this week. I went and picked it up yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. It is so easy to use and looks great...but it will look even better with little Aubrie in it! Here is our stroller. Once she gets a little bigger there is an actual stroller seat for her but for now the car seat is all she will need.
I also got my diaper bag this week. I found the exact bag I was looking for on ebay (brand new) in the exact pattern I was looking for. I saved quit a bit of money getting it off ebay than buying it directly from Vera Bradley. I think it is really cute and not super duper girly so maybe Gil won't mind it as much...
Hopefully next time I post I will have a few pictures of Aubrie's room! Less than 2 weeks now till I will have a room to call completely hers!

4 comments:

  1. The glucose test really isn't that bad...if you like orange soda, that is. Mine tasted just like orange soda (not the good european fanta though) but it was WAY more bubbly....the lady offered me a straw to sip it with, instead i gulped it like a giant shot, just incase it was icky....you just have to have it finished in like 10 min or something. it's really not that bad...just sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out teutonia's stuff online and it seems great! I'm sure you'll love it! I really love your bag too. The print is beautiful. My bag is pretty girly, but Josh doesn't seem to mind carrying it if I'm around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa: Gil said he would prefer a more girly bag because then everybody would obviously know it wasn't his! I thought that was funny.

    Thanks Elizabeth!

    Maddie: I hope it tastes like orange soda! My friend who just took it didn't say that so I hope there aren't different flavors! I am sure it won't be to bad.

    ReplyDelete